HP Printer Assistant is a Windows-based software program comes preinstalled in most computers for HP printers. With the HP printer assistant, you can perform various tasks such as printing, scanning, ordering, checking ink levels, and so. HP Printer assistant helps the printer and computers to connect. In this article, you will get to know about HP printer assistant, which comes as preinstalled software in Windows OS.
Generally, users stuck up while performing the printing task, as they do not know how to identify or to detect existing HP printer assistant software or its version. If it is getting difficult for you to find out the printer driver is available or not, or to receive other related solutions, you need to get HP support assistant to fix the problem.
Errors when you do not have HP Printer Assistant Software
- Problems occur during printing when you have upgraded to a new version of Windows. In these conditions, the Printer Setup opens up instead of the settings and tools view when trying to op en HP Printer Assistant.
- Missing printer icon from the Devices or the Printers folder
- Printer connected but not printing.
- HP printer offline error
- HP printer in error state
- When you detect here is not printer driver or relevant software for your HP machine.
In such cases, an HP printer assistant download becomes necessary. However, to install the software, there are certain manual procedures you are recommended to go through. This will help you eliminate the chances of error.
Follow steps to download HP printer assistance from the official source that helps to connect your HP Printer Offline.
How to connect your printer with a network?
- Start your computer and go to Control panel>Device and printers.
- Select Click Connect a new printer.
- Check all the wiring are done properly with your printer.
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- End all running tasks on your computer and restart your computer.
- Switch on the printer.
- Go to HP Printer Assistant.
- If you can open HP printer assistant, the printer is connected and you can take prints.
- If you are unable to access your HP printer assistant, you need to proceed with the article below.
How to uninstall any coexist HP Printer Assistant Mac or Windows
Coexisting software also causes issues while your printer as it confesses the computer to decide which software to pick and that leads in software conflicts and printing issues. Uninstalling the alternate software helps to prevent such problems.
- Go to control panel.
- Click on the option of Programs &features.
- A list of software installed in your computer appears up, click on HP Printer assistance or HP printer driver.
- Uninstall the software that has been highlighted.
- Uninstall all the relevant software.
Please note that the steps may differ if you are installing HP Printer Assistant Windows 10 operating system.
How to install HP printer assistant or reinstall the latest HP printer Driver?
Note – Disconnect the printer from your computer prior to the installation of HP printer driver
- Go to the official page of HP printers.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there you will find the column of ‘Supports’.
- Under the section, find the option of Download drivers.
- Login or register as per your need.
- A message will appear – Let’s identify your product to get started.
- Click on the printer icon and you will be directed to the next page.
- In the field of Enter your product name, type your HP printer model number and name and submit.
- You will get the HP printer driver developed specifically for your printer.
- Click on it to install the software.
As you have the latest version of HP printer assistance, restart the computer and connect the printer with the system by following the instructions given in the section of ‘Connect your HP printer to a stable network’.
From a list of frequently installed HP printer drivers, HP printer assistant software 8610, HP printer assistant software 8620, and HP printer assistant software 8630 are on top positions. Yet, you may encounter download failure for which you will need HP printer support assistant for help.
In contrary, errors other than missing or outdated printer driver can also occur. Errors such as HP Printer Printing Blank Pages, HP Printer Assistant Download error and more, may require the involvement of experts. Hence, you must take help from the hp chat.