While HP provides a toll-free phone number for HP technical support department, there are multiple ways through which you can get in touch with them. The next best way to contact them is “live chat” option to get right to an HP agent, or you can drop an email requesting for technical support or any other HP Printer customer service. However, you can also reach them through third-party websites or visiting local HP outlets.
Common issues addressed by the Customer care unit includes HP Technical support, Complaints, Warranty claims, Refund, Return and Repair status and other HP customer service issues. They have employees to answer your call and are available for 24/7 days to resolve any issue you face as a customer.
Contact HP Printer Customer Service Number for technical support
You can get technical support on multiple issues related to your HP PCs, laptops, printers or driver software. If you find any difficulty to set up your HP printer on your PC, or having issues while downloading and installing HP drivers, you can contact HP Printer Assistant unit for a reliable solution.
They will guide you throughout the installation process, even help you resolve technical errors you might face during the process.
Here are some of the reasons for which you can contact HP customer services anytime:
- Product Support: Get troubleshooting articles, manual and drivers for your product
- Get Software and Drivers: If you’ve purchased a new HP notebook, HP technical Support unit can help you download, install and activate your HP software and drivers.
- How to set up and use HP printer: If you’ve purchased a new HP printer and don’t understand how to connect it with your PC, then you only need to make a phone call and ask for help to set up, print, scan or fax.
- Windows 10 Support Center: HP Customer service can help you resolve Windows 10 update errors on HP PC or laptop, or Notebook.
- How to use HP print and scan Doctor: Download and use HP print and scan Doctor to resolve your printing and scanning issues with an automated tool for Windows.
- Uninstall HP software: Get the expert guidance on how to uninstall or remove HP drivers, apps and software from your HP notebook and Mac.
- How to update HP drivers: Download and install latest drivers from HP official website.
- Diagnostic Tools: Learn how to download and install Automated HP diagnostic tools, virtual agents and troubleshooter to help identify and resolve common issues with your HP PC and Printers.
- Ask the community: Join the HP community to find solutions, ask questions and share tips
- Register your product: HP customer service will guide you throughout the registration process of HP products while improving your experience with HP.
- Order HP printing INK: Get 50% discount on original HP printing ink, delivered to your doorstep.
- Create your HP account: Learn to create, register and manage your HP account to get access to latest offers and update notifications.
MyHP Product Center
MyHP Product Center is your own personal product dashboard that can provide you easy access to support, product and service information, and deliver relevant information and solution tips at your service. You need to register for an HP account and sign to view all the benefits.
Get HP Technical Support for Printing and Computing issues
Here is a list of printing issues that may require the help of HP Printer support agents:
- Printer setup issues
- Scanning issues
- Paper jam issues
- Offline printing issues
- Wireless printing not working
- Carriage jam issues
- Print job stuck in a queue
- Top solutions for HP Instant Ink
- Black Ink not printing
- Printer not working after Windows 10 update
- Fax issues
- Scan or copy quality issues for Laserjet HP printers
Here is a list of computing issues that may be able to resolve without the help of HP Support Assistant agents:
- Wireless, Bluetooth and networking issues
- Unable to log in to Windows
- Computer locks up or freezes
- No power or no boot
- Operating system issues
- Sound issues
- Perform an HP system recovery
- Display and touch screen issues
- System slow issues
- Battery and adaptor issues
- Keyboard, mouse, touchpad issues
- PC security issues
- Antivirus compatibility issues
Note: For issues that are not mentioned above, please contact HP virtual agent to resolve specific problems with your HP product.
If this information is irrelevant for you, then you can share your experience with HP Printer customer service and other users.