It is easy to fix issues with any HP printers regardless of the device. But while you connect your printer and your pc with an internet connection, you need to check a few factors to eliminate any error. The issue of ‘HP Envy printer offline’ is one most common errors. However, you can fix it just by following some quick troubleshooting steps.
Among several HP printer models, if you talk about the HP Envy Printers specifically, it is almost the same to fix them in Windows 10. To understand it better, here is a situation where you may notice your HP Printer in error state. As a result, you notice HP printer not printing or not responding to any of the commands. In order to resolve the HP printer in error state, go through the steps below.
- Make sure you are not connected to any of the guest networks to prevent printers from connecting and printing.
- Sometimes the issue is only with the wireless connection, so to avoid such hindrance you should switch your Printer to a USB connection.
- If still HP printer not printing the papers, then try installing your printer to another PC and connect the printer using the same type of connection, if HP Printer offline remains, then there is a fault in the printer.
Set default printer:
- Restart your HP printer.
- Click Windows key, then choose Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, choose to View by Large icons and then choose Devices and Printer.
- Right-click the printer you have and choose set as default printer.
- Right click to the icon for your default printer.
- Click the printer tab, then click on Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline to remove the check marks in front of them.
- Check whether HP Printer in error state still exists.
- Turn on your Printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the main socket for 1 min.
- Reconnect the power cord to the socket and to the printer and turn it on.
- Make sure both the devices are connected and if still HP printer not printing then follow further steps.
Update Printer Firmware:
- You can directly update through printer via manual or from HP website.
- Make sure your printer is connected to your PC.
- Go to HP support, then to Software and Drivers tab and type in the model of your printer.
- Select your operating system first, scroll down to locate category Firmware, download it.
- After the download finishes, just follow online instructions to get the update installed.
- This will enable the printer to print and will solve the issue of HP Printer offline.
Update Printer Driver:
- Click Windows key then in Control Panel window, choose to View by Large icons and then choose Devices and Printer.
- Right-click your default printer, select Remove devices.
- Go to HP Support- Software and Drivers, type in the model of your printer.
- Choose your operating system, scroll down to Driver-Product Installation Software category, and download the driver.
- Get your driver downloaded.
- This will help you to fix the issue for HP Printer in error state.