HP Power Assistant helps in configuring device settings and provides an inclusive method to change, modify or maintain the operating system as per the power consumption needs of your system. Power Assistant calculates your system’s power requirements and consumptions to work effectively. The calculations are based upon information provided by the end user that includes:
- Length of time your system stays in specific power saver modes (standby mode, hibernation mode, Sleep mode)
- Length of time your system runs on battery life and AC power
- Specific Hardware configuration settings
- Variable electricity rates
- Power system predictions in hypothetical system configurations
- Predefined power profiles
- Usage details and graphs showing power consumption trends over time
However, the extent of power consumption depends on your computing needs. HP provides you with specialized tools and information to help you ensure an informed decision about power management. HP Power Assistant Windows 10 version allows you to put your system’s power usage on your fingertips.
Besides, it uses dedicated hardware pre-installed in HP notebooks, the HP Power Assistant delivers a level of accuracy and monitoring you simply can’t expect from other power management tools.
Is it possible to download HP Power Assistant Windows 10?
For those who purchased a new Hewlett Packard’s notebook and Windows 10 PC, HP Power Assistant comes pre-installed and such programs are considered Bloatware for its limited trial features, while others are configured for proper PC operations. However, if you want, you can download and install HP Power Assistant Windows 10 from HP Support Assistant website.
Steps for HP Power Assistant Download and install on Windows 10 PC
- Open your web browser and type the URL https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers to initiate HP Power Assistant download process
- Once you download is complete, go to the browser download history and locate the downloaded file
- Double-Click on .exe file to launch the installation
- Install shield wizard will appear on your screen when you double click the file
- Click “I Agree” to consent for end user license agreement
- Change the folder location if you want
- Click “Install” and follow the prompts displaying on your screen
Steps for HP Power Assistant uninstall
- Follow the steps given below for HP Power Assistant Uninstall. You can remove the program from your system using the Add/Remove feature in the Window’s Control Panel option.
- On the start menu, at the bottom left corner of your screen, click on “Control Panel” option
- Choose one of the following options
- Uninstall a program
- Add or remove a program
- All the programs that are active in the list will be visible to you
- Scroll down to select “HP Power Assistant” and click on “Uninstall”
- Follow the prompts visible on your screen to remove the program. A progress bar will appear on your screen indicating the remaining time for Uninstall.