HP printer is the most preferred choice of the consumers and businesses who want highly advanced printing solutions. These printers are available in different versions in order to ensure that they run perfectly with Windows and Mac devices. If you using a wireless HP printer on your Mac device (that has been recently upgraded) and facing an error while printing and scanning then it could be due to the following reasons:
- Upgradation of the OS X
- Installation of the wrong version of the HP software for your Mac
To get rid of this issue, you can either call HP printer Assistant Number.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to install the correct software:
- Go to the Finder window and then to Applications/Hewlett-Packard folder
- Open HP Uninstaller
- Click Continue in the HP Uninstaller window
- Select your printer in the next screen
- Now, press and hold the control, option as well as the command keys
- Hit Uninstall
- Confirm the un-installation
- Hit Continue and then choose Software Update from the Apple menu
- From the same menu, select System Preferences
- In this window, hit Print & Fax or Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners
- From the list of printers, choose the wireless printer you want to give print or scanning command on
- Hit the minus (-) sign from the bottom
- Now, click the plus symbol (+) and re-add the print
- Choose your printer under the Add Printer window
- Click Add
Please note – that if your wireless printer is already connected to your wireless router then you don’t need the HP Software. That’s because the latest versions of Mac operating systems have built0in print and scan drivers. If you don’t find the one, contact the HP printer support number.
But, if your wireless printer is not connected to your router then you might require the HP software. To get the same, follow these instructions:
- Visit HP official website
- Choose Download drivers and software
- Provide your HP printer model number
- Hit Go
- Now, choose your operating system
- Download and install the software according to the installation instructions given
- It’s done!
Author Bio – An expert in technical writing, James Watson has been studying and writing on all the latest technologies. Be it Norton, Internet security services, Microsoft and Antivirus. He strives to grab knowledge of even minor updates or changes occurring in the current technological world. Many publishers have published a number of articles written by him.