HP has always excelled in manufacturing best quality printers from time to time. HP printers are known for their reliability, versatility and printing speeds and have hardly ever disappointed users across the world. However, recently it has been noticed in models issues like HP printer printing blank pages. There have also been other common errors related to the output functioning of HP printers, like not printing in colour and HP printer printing blank pages with symbols. In some cases, the issue of HP printer printing slow has been found too.
After analyzing prevailing complaints, the most common error that we have noticed is of printer prints a blank page. We did several workarounds on this issue and have finally come up with one sure-shot manual troubleshooting method to get your printer working fine again. Before we begin, first ensure that you are using genuine HP cartridges as the steps we are going to tell you are with respect to using only HP ink and toners.
Steps to rectify the error of HP printer printing blank pages:
- Check the estimated ink levels.
- Load a plain white paper in the paper tray.
- Touch the minus button (–) next to the setup (wrench) icon on the lower-left corner of the printer’s control panel.
- Touch the Right Arrow button (>) to select Tools, and then touch OK.
- Find the Touch (>) again to select Estimated Ink Levels, and then touch OK. A figure will appear on the printer LCD screen, showing ink levels.
- If any of the ink cartridges are low on ink, see the next step to replace them.
- Load a plain white paper in the input tray, and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Open the cartridge door. Wait until the printer turns silent and idle.
- Give a light press to the cartridge to release it. Pull it out.
- Hold the new cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer. Insert it into its colour-coded slot until it snaps into place automatically.
- Insert the tri-colour cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right slot. Close the cartridge door.
- Now, align your HP printer’s cartridges. Follow the next few steps to do it. Ensure that the printer is turned on and a plain paper is loaded in the input tray.
- Touch the minus button (–) next to the Setup (wrench) icon on the lower-left corner of the printer’s control panel.
- Then Touch the Right Arrow button (>) to select Tools and touch OK.
- Touch the (>) button again to select Align Printer, and then touch OK. The printer will print an alignment page.
- Lift the printer lid. Place the alignment page (printed-side down) on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. Follow the engraved guide next to the scanner glass to load the alignment page.
- Close the lid, and then press OK to finish the alignment command.
- Wait until the HP printer scans the alignment sheet and finishes the alignment process.
If the above fix didn’t work, dial the HP printer support for personalised assistance, or skip to the next method.
Clean the Printhead
Another reason for the HP printer issue may be a clogged printhead. Follow below steps to run an automated tool that will clean the printhead.
- Load a plain white paper in the input tray.
- Repeat the steps 3 and 4 from the previous method.
- Touch the Right Arrow button (>) to select Clean Printhead, and then touch OK. The printer will initiate the cleaning process.
- After the cleanup process finishes, a test page will be printed,
- Check the print quality on the printhead test page. If the print quality is unsatisfactory, repeat the cleaning process.
If all the above methods didn’t work for you, it is advised that you check your printhead for any possible defect. It is also recommended that, for best possible solutions, you may contact HP Printer Assistant. For other printer related errors like HP Printer not Printing Black, the experts at HP can diagnose the cause in no time and rectify the error. When you contact HP Support Assistant, you can either seek help with remote support or by following verbal instructions in a DIY fashion.
You can also address your queries and issues to expert HP troubleshooting team at HP chat. Also, if your HP printer issues are operating system-specific (HP printer printing blank pages Windows 10), the HP customer support will guide you with specialised steps to resolve them. Even for HP printer printing blank pages Mac, HP Support Assistant will be happy to help.