HP printers have made a remarkable position in the printing industry. By delivering the consumers high-quality prints without affecting their PC’s performance, these printers have become a preferred choice. With unmatched features and excellent functionalities, these printers have helped millions of computer users to fulfill their printing needs. Furthermore, HP has also given the complete freedom to its customers to call HP support assistant, if they need any kind of help or HP printer drivers for Mac related guidance.
HP printers come with two versions: one is compatible with the Windows OS and another with the MacOS. No matter which one you choose to go with, you need to install the right drivers on each of them. So, here in this article, I am going to describe the easiest steps to install HP printer drivers for Mac through Apple Software updates:
For MacOS or OS X 10.7 and higher versions
- First create a new print queue on the Mac
- Now, click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences
- Choose Print & Scan or Print & Fax or Printers & Scanners
- The selection depends on the operating system installed on your device
- From the list displayed, find the name of your specific Printer
- If you find your printer from the list then remove and add the printer again to verify communication. Also make sure that you use the correct drivers. Now, hit the name of your printer and then select the minus sign to remove the printer. After it removes, re-add it by clicking the plus sign, choosing Add Printer or Scanner followed by clicking the name of your printer.
- On the contrary, if your printer is not listed then simply add it by clicking Add Printer or Scanner and hitting the name of your printer and continue. Also make sure that your printer is connected to the Mac via a USB cable. Both the printer and the Mac should also be connected with the same internet network.
- Choose the Print Using or Use menu
- Select the name of your printer
- Now, hit Add to add the printers
- Click Download and install, if prompted
- Quit the system preferences window
- Give a test print, fax or copy command
- It’s done!
If you find any error while installing the drivers then connect with HP Printer Assistant and receive the immediate support services.